About Me

Our Avery was diagnosed at one month of age with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). CF is a life threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. We are working hard to find a cure. This website will keep you up to date on Avery and our fundraising efforts for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Settled in

We are in our room, unpacked, and waiting on anethesia for a PICC line. Avery gets very upset for each new person entering the room. She asks if she is going to get a shot. It takes a few minutes to convince her and then the tears finally stop. Word just came that she is scheduled for the PICC line at 5pm.

We are looking forward to a visit from Santa tomorrow as well as fireworks! The Dallas Cowboys came on Monday, but I heard the Rangers might be coming soon. There should be a lot of fun things to do. Once we get past the PICC line we are smooth sailing.

Funny storry: They have a Build a Bear shop as you walk to registration (very well planted Cooks). Avery was tired and grumpy so she threw a huge fit about not going to Build a Bear. As we are walking to her room she is crying and carrying on. The hallway is super busy (hospital is at full capacity) and people are passing by saying how cute she was and poor baby....this is as I am hauling our luggage and I have a crying three year old. They probably thought she was upset to be at the hospital..but no, she just didn't get her WAY. I wanted to correct her and tell her she was about to go to time out, but I would have looked like the most inconsiderate parent in the world. Yep that was MY THREE YEAR OLD.

No comments:

Post a Comment