About Me
- Abby Gray
- Our Avery was diagnosed at one month of age with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). CF is a life threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. We are working hard to find a cure. This website will keep you up to date on Avery and our fundraising efforts for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Monday, April 18, 2011
Gastro appt
So...we went to our Gastro Dr today. I thought for just a little check up. Well. No. I will give you a very abbreviated version. There is a possibility that Avery's feeding issues could be Esophogial Esophogitis. (Don't check my spelling on that one, because your guess is as good as mine. I would look it up on the internet, but I have learned my lesson long ago about researching medical information.) So we are doing a endoscope the first week of May to see if she has this. What I do know is that basically she might have a food allergy. If that is the case we could be VERY limited on what we can feed Avery. So you are thinking no big deal, right? NO. She has Cystic Fibrosis. She needs calories. If I am not allowed to feed her dairy, eggs, wheat, gluten, beef...what am I going to do for calories? So I am not going to stress out. I will wait for the results and we will deal with it when it comes. So if you would like to say a little prayer right now for no 'EE" (so I don't have to spell it again) that would be great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ugh, Abby!! That sucks! Fingers crossed and prayers being said that she doesn't have 'EE'. YUCK. Thinking about you.
ReplyDelete