About Me

Our Avery was diagnosed at one month of age with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). CF is a life threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. We are working hard to find a cure. This website will keep you up to date on Avery and our fundraising efforts for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Over reacting

On Friday Avery's cough seemed to get worse.  I called Cooks and said I would like to be seen.  Our Dr was out until Wednesday and couldn't see us till then.  I argued and now we have an appt with a different dr this morning.  Avery is up and doing her shaky puff-puffs before we make the drive.  Since Friday she seems to be better.  I think I over reacted on Friday to make this appt.  But I guess it is better to be safe than sorry?  I know a lot of you think I know all there is to know about Cystic Fibrosis.  But really I don't.  I learn as I go.  This cough has lingered so long...is this normal for CF or should I be worried?  Don't know.  I always lean towards the worrying side (I think it runs in the family;) ) 

We will let you know how the appt goes. I think we will be fine. 

1 comment:

  1. My friend stumbled across your blog and told me to visit, and this post just about summed up how I feel most of the time as a CF mom! It can be such a roller coaster ride. Right now our little guy is 17 months, so it's hard to tell what is CF and what is toddler. It sounds like you are doing a great job. Praying for great health for Avery, thanks for your blog!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete