Things at the Gray household have been status quo for awhile now. Avery has attended a princess dance camp and a summer/beach themed camp this summer. She has been doing very well. All the while we have been attending feeding therapy. On Monday our feeding therapist pulled me aside and said she thinks Avery needs to do inpatient therapy. We have been on a waiting list for some time now, but had hoped the outpatient therapy would do the trick. Unfortunately that is not the case. Tenatively our admission will be September 21st for 4 weeks at Our Childrens House at Baylor. I have been told we can have visitors and will welcome you with open arms to help us break up our stay of 4weeks:) It will be a long and tough process but are very hopeful this will help Avery in the long term.
On another note, Avery was diagnosed last week with hand, foot, mouth disease. On Saturday she started coughing. I called the dr on Monday and they have put her on Cipro. She has one more day to kick the cough (or needs to be better) by tomorrow or we go on steroids. This was a bit of kick in the gut for me. I thought the only illnesses I needed to worry about are respitory ones. I was wrong. We have to worry about all bugs as they will disrupt her immune system. Then the psuedomonas bugs become alive and multiply creating extra mucuous and coughing. I feel a little ignorant that I didn't know this.
So this all happened on Monday. Then I got a reminder email that tuition was due for Avery's new mothers day out program. I put the check in the mailbox, went inside, and then asked myself is it worth Avery going to mothers day out? Mike and I decided it would be best to wait a little longer before we introduce her to school. We are opening her up to a lot of illnesses that will only create damage to her airways. I am however going to look into an art class, ballet, or anything that will give her some socialization without the risk of her getting sick.
So that has been our week!
No comments:
Post a Comment