About Me

Our Avery was diagnosed at one month of age with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). CF is a life threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive system. We are working hard to find a cure. This website will keep you up to date on Avery and our fundraising efforts for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

We are home

Avery is home and is relaxing and watching her favorite show...Caillou.  I am afraid I have a lot of Caillou to watch today:(  Dr Russo (Avery's GI dr) said her stomach and esophagus look great and didn't see any irritation.  He doesn't think she has Esophogial Esophagitis (EE).  He is running her biopsies and will have a 100% answer in 7 days.  I think it is a safe bet we are fine, but I am glad he is still running the biopsies.  This basically means there is nothing prohibiting Avery from eating.  So her eating issues are all behavioral.   I am glad we ruled this issue out and now we can focus on her feeding therapy. 

Before we know it Avery is going to be eating full meals and eating more than her 25 foods she will eat now.  Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for no EE.  They were answered!!

1 comment:

  1. Such great news!!! I will switch the prayers to "EAT, EAT, EAT, Avery, EAT"! I hope the therapy moves along quickly, I'm sure that will be a weight off. Looking forward to Great Strides!

    ReplyDelete